Tlmgr suddenly fails

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 16 23:27:49 CET 2023

Dear Siep,
thank you very much for your information!
I started wish with tlshell.tcl from PowerShell with Administrator
privileges. The option '--verify-repo=none' didn't make any difference
(tried it with tlshell.exe and wish.exe)
In tlshell.tcl I switched on the debugging and received the message in
the log file

run_cmds "{info --only-installed --data
name,localrev,cat-version,category,shortdesc}"
TCL: error exit

By inserting do_debug commands immediately before and after this call in
get_packages_info_local, I could see that this command seems to be the
culprit. The do_debug immediately after the command wasn't reached.

At this point I am stuck; I cannot find out, where the info command is
defined and why it crashes.
(Also tried to hide the binary info.exe from the cygwin package.)

With kind wishes
Alois