Indexing fonts

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun Jan 15 16:50:39 CET 2023

On 15/01/2023 15:37, Peter Flynn wrote:
> Just working through this now, thank you all for your contributions.
>
> On 15/12/2022 21:39, Karl Berry wrote:
>> On Windows, fc-cache is run, which I guess helps with XeTeX (and
>> LuaTeX, presumably -- can anyone confirm?),
>
> 1. Does this index both the TL fonts *and* those in C:\fonts (or
> wherever Windows keeps its own fonts, I forget these days), so that
> both sets are available to Xe[La]TeX users?

Indeed it does — I rarely use any of the fonts that come with TeX Live,
far preferring those that I have downloaded and installed for use with
the Adobe Creative suite (although the multi-lingualism of the TeX Gyre
family makes them a very useful adjunct)..

--
/** Phil./