cannot install texlive

Bradley D. Keister be7pep at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:04:02 CET 2023

I finally bailed out…

I’m running Ubuntu Linux on top of Google Chrome in a Chromebook.  I wouldn’t expect that to be a problem, perhaps the problem was that I had everything on a microUSB card.  Each time I tried to install (always as root), it would go for a while, then quit (always at a different point), and I’ve had to start over.

The only thing that ‘worked’ was simply to download the complete .iso, mount it, then install from there.  I didn’t get any errors, but then when I tried to compile a .tex file using an older (version 4.0) revtex, it complained, and I had to figure out how to install that.  Then I found other missing packages from what I thought was a ‘complete’ installation.

At that point I bailed out and simply ran “apt install livetex” using the Ubuntu package manager.  It and a few other packages had what I needed, and of course it automatically resolves any dependency issues.

But thanks for your interest.

Best wishes,
Brad