Installation sizes

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Tue Apr 25 12:01:53 CEST 2023

Am 25.04.23 um 11:33 schrieb Peter Flynn:

> On 25/04/2023 01:34, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>> On 2023-04-24 at 23:30:59 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>>> Of course, someone is bound to come back and say "well, what are they
>>> and where is the font sampler?" :-)
>>
>> The definite answer is
>>
>>     https://tug.org/FontCatalogue/
>
> Yes, it's excellent, but I was thinking of something with rather more
> examples (different sizes, and a full alphabet). Maybe I should start
> work :-)

shameless ad:  chapter 10 of TLC3

https://www.latex-project.org/news/2023/03/17/TLC3/ pages 47-50 in the
sample

does not contain everything that is in TL but a lot. Got a lot of help
from Adam Twardoch to identify the really good ones and present them in
a hopefully useful way. It classifies and shows more than 100 font
families on 120 pages (where family is meta family if there are
different faces or styles so in total more like 300 in Karl's counting).
A lot of heart-blood went into that chapter to make it a bit of a useful
coffeetable chapter --- but no, it is not free.

frank