Pre-press (was Re: Adobe ditching Type 1 fonts)

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Thu Sep 22 19:18:11 CEST 2022

On 22/09/2022 17:40, Don Hosek wrote:
> At least the XeTeX and LuaTeX engines can use system-installed fonts, which really should be the standard for any application in 2022.

Hear hear.  I do not remember the last time that I used anything other
than a system-installed font, and I even install (for example) the TeX
Gyre fonts as system fonts so that I can access all fonts using a
consistent syntax and a consistent access mechanism.

--
/Philip Taylor/