TeX Live 2021 and FreeBSD 13.0

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Jan 24 21:21:33 CET 2022

Lloyd R. Prentice,

I wrote the install instructions for TeX on the Mac. These instructions cover contingencies like "what to do if your internet connection is flaky." This makes them more complicated than necessary. Let me try to meet your goal.

Installing MacTeX:

MaxTeX requires macOS 10.14 or higher, and works on both Intel and Arm machines.

Download the install package by clocking on the link titled MacTeX.pkg at
https://tug.org/mactex/mactex-download.html

After downloading, find the package in your downloads folder. It's icon looks like an
open cardboard box. Move this to the desktop or your home folder and double click
to run it.

The installer presents a Welcome page, a ReadMe page, a Software License page,
and a Final Page. Click "Install" on this last page to install. When asked for a password,
give the password used to log into your machine.

When installation ends, everything is configured and ready to use. Go to

/Applications/TeX/Docs and Spello Utilities

and read the document

READ ME FIRST

This document will lead you through the entry and typesetting of a short document.

Done.

Richard Koch