Repeated Mac arm64 crashes of xdvi-xaw with "set_no_char: attempt to set character of unknown font, offset 42"

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sun Jan 23 21:10:57 CET 2022

John,

I'm the guy who compiles the Mac binaries, but this particular problem is way above my pay grade. Here are two additional data points.

a) The 2022 version of xdvi-xaw, compiled a week ago, has the same problem

b) If the 2022 xdvi-xaw universal binary is replaced by the 2022 x86_64 xdvi-xaw (containing no arm code), it still works, displaying your file in X11, but it also crashes the same way.

Richard Koch