Lualatex problem with Win32 binaries in TeXLive installed under macOS

John Collins jcc8 at psu.edu
Sat Dec 24 03:37:17 CET 2022

Thanks, David.  That was of course the problem.  I just needed to know where to
look. The TeX Live bugs and updates pages has the information.

Karl's trick with TEXMFSYSVAR_lualatex solved the problem nicely.  (If I set
that environment variable, then running lualatex was enough to cause the .fmt
file to be made, which seemed pretty slick to me.)

Obviously, it would be nice not to have to resort to this trick (for the small
number of us who share TL installations between OSs). So here's hoping for TL
2023.

John