Indexing fonts

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Mon Dec 19 11:31:12 CET 2022

On 18/12/2022 02:32, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>> because I am trying to document this for all users on any OS.
>
> And that is unfortunately impossible due to
> - differences in installation method (TUG TL vs MacTeX vs Debian vs
>    Fedora, ...)
> - differences in support between Unix and windows
>
> You would have to have a list split into all these categories.

Yep :-) This is exactly what I have been maintaining until recently
(Mac, Win, Lin-via-deb and Lin-via-TL) but more changes mean it needs
updating, and I need to add Lin-via-rpm. Fortunately I am only looking
at the new user, not the expert, so I am sticking to the prescribed
pathways, and I am omitting VMS and mainframe installations.

> Anyway, good luck, and feel free to ask whenever some new question comes
> up.

Thank you, I shall.