problem Texlive 2022 installation

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 18:46:32 CEST 2022

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 11:57 AM Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Franck
>
> Thank you for reporting this problem. I think you've done the right thing,
> by sending in this report. I don't run Windows so might not be able to help
> you directly. However the following information would be helpful.
>
> 1. How important and urgent is it for you that you have TeX installed on
> your PC?
> 2. By what process did you obtain the files the anti-virus complained
> about. For example, it might be a DVD, downloaded ISO or a network install.

Did you use elevated privileges for the installation?  Windows TeX Live
installation does not need elevated privileges.

You may want to read Section 1.4 Security considerations
<https://tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html#x1-60001.4> and
proceed to install GnuPG (GNU Privacy Guard) (without using tlmgr).  Gpg4win
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gpg4win> is widely used, or
you can install GnuPG command-line tools for Windows from Msys2 or Cygwin64
or in a WSL linux distribution (if you have WSL you may find that TeX Live
in WSL is superior to the Windows CTAN version).

In addition to the current install-tl-windows.exe, CTAN mirrors should
provide install-tl-windows.exe.sha512 and install-tl-windows.exe.sha512.asc
needed to verify downloads using GnuPG.

For those who do run Windows, here's the URL for the antivirus you're using.
> https://www.trendmicro.com/en_gb/forHome.html
>
> with kind regards
>
> Jonathan

Checking downloads with GnuPG requires non-trivial extra work, but that is
the reality of the
internet we have today.

--
George N. White III