problem Texlive 2022 installation

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Mon Aug 29 01:36:47 CEST 2022

Hi

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022, franckolivier.helme at aliceadsl.fr wrote:
> under windows 11, during the installation of Texlive 2022 by the executable install-tl-windows.exe, the antivirus stops from the start, the installation by indicating to me that 3 files kpathsea.doc.tar, hyphen-base.tar and kpathsea.tar attempt to modify the encryption system (ransomware, see attachment). Has this happened to you? What should I do ?

Antivirus programs commonly flag packages from TeX Live out of who knows
what reason. If you have used the normal installer, packages should be
verified and safe to install. We don't install anything outside the
installation directory besides some desktop integration, uninstall
registry entries, usual stuff.

Best

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live