Installing TeXlive 2021 scheme-minimal: I can't find file `dehypht-x-2021-02-26.tex'

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 2 19:32:59 CEST 2021

    @Karl, what do you think?

Remove double slashes from anywhere but the very end of the path?
Strikes me as an awfully invasive change to be making after 30 years,
although I guess in practice that is all we have ever used.  At least
that's all I see in texmf.cnf.

I guess I could somewhat imagine install-tl warning about this when seen
(either from profile or interactively). Not so much tlmgr. I don't think
double slashes should simply be silently removed, in any case.

And/or, tlmgr check texmfdbs could look for this and warn. Admittedly
few people know about that, but at least it could be something to point
to in response to queries. --best, karl.