Concerning problems with updates from mirror.ctan

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 21 23:30:23 CEST 2021

    Well, the mirror list is only updated once a week (from CTAN to TeX Live)

Actually that mirror list update happened every other day. I just
changed that to daily (tl-update-auto) until things settle down.

I may as well mention: besides incorporating any changes to the list on
the CTAN side, our import also filters out mirrors that are more than 36
hours stale, since it's not practical or desirable for CTAN to
aggressive remove (and then restore ...) mirrors from the list just
because there's a problem for a few days. But there's no use in trying
to use them for TL downloads. --best, karl.