Concerning problems with updates from mirror.ctan

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Apr 21 15:59:01 CEST 2021

Hi Markus,

> Since the successful update using the one German http mirror, everything seems
> to be OK now also using the generic address.

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback.

> I should state, that I've used the mirror list in the GUI to select the
> generic address or one of the German mirrors. Could it be, that the mirror
> information in tlmgr was wrong and now, after the successful self+all update
> it is correct?

Well, the mirror list is only updated once a week (from CTAN to TeX
Live), so there might be some inconsistencies.

> I can try to test this on another installation. But currently I have no access
> to that computer.

No need, it is good to hear that it works now, that is all I wanted to
hear. Thanks.

Best regards

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev