Is there a libsynctex package shipped as a part of MacTex?

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Mon May 18 00:59:21 CEST 2020

Am Mon, 18 May 2020 01:15:21 +0800
schrieb gpanda <gpanda.cn at gmail.com>:
> I want to compile Zathura (a document viewer) with SyncTex support on
> Mac, but there seems to be no library files regarding SyncTex
> installed by MacTex 2019, except a CLI client tool synctex. Any one
> knows about this? Thanks in advance.
You might have a look at how others solve packaging of libsynctex as a
shared library:
https://packages.debian.org/buster/libsynctex2
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/tex-synctex/
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/texlive-bin

Am Sun, 17 May 2020 15:37:16 -0600
schrieb Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:

> Does any pure viewer make use of synctex?

Said Zathura (in poppler mode), as well as Evince, Okular, Sumatra,
Atril, QPDFview, which is arguably the majority of PDF viewers out
there (notable exceptions are xpdf and Adobe Reader). Any of them,
paired with one's synctex-aware editor of choice, makes a TeXShop-like
TeX IDE.

Cf. the “Required by” field at
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libsynctex/

(if this was your question)