Why is quran package installed by default on Texlive2020

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Thu May 14 15:50:54 CEST 2020

tel-2020 wrote:

> As subject says I see no reason for this and it's also hard to uninstall after setup. People who want it can install it themselves.

If it is installed as a part of a full TeX Live installation (as I would believe), then I see no problem with it being included whatsoever.  If it is being included as a part of a (say) minimal install, then I would agree.  Which is the case ?

> The rest of us should not be forced to have it installed.

I do not think that /anyone/ is being /forced/ to have it installed.  After all, no-one is /forcing/ you to install TeX Live in the first place.

> It should be removed as a default package as it has no place in a standard install.

How would you define a "standard install" ?  Does it consist only of the packages that you personally want, or does it include packages that might be of some use or interest to others ?

/Philip Taylor/