Why is quran package installed by default on Texlive2020

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu May 14 16:00:33 CEST 2020

Dear anonymous,

quran is contained in the collection-langother. If you install this
collection, then you will get quran, as well as lot of other things.

If you don't want to have it install, either do NOT install the
collection-langother, or remove it with
	tlmgr remove --force quran

The default is an installation of all of TeX Live, and thus will also
contain the quran package.

> It should be removed as a default package as it has no place in a standard install.

Why?
And if you write an answer to this question, we don't accept religious
explanations. TeX Live is about typesetting, and not religion.
If you have other concerns, like license issues, please let us know and
we will discuss.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev