Package, Logo and Open Source

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 24 16:08:52 CEST 2020

Le 23/04/20 à 22h59, Paul Gaborit a écrit :

>> Assuming some non-free license, the logo will be removed from the
>> package when imported into TeX Live. How will you package react to
>> the absence of the logo file? Does it show a place-holder?
>
> I think that the logo of the Mathematics Society of France ("Société
> Mathématique of France") is protected in the same way. But it is distributed by
> TeXLive:
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/tex/latex/nwejm/images/nwejm-smf-logo.pdf
>
> <https://smf.emath.fr/>

Looks like I should remove it and most of the other ones in the same
directory, thanks for reminding.

But for one of them (useful for the end users), I guess the author will
provide it with a free license. Nevertheless, I've no idea how/where this
author could officially declare the license attached to this logo...
--
Denis