Doc for pkfix-helper

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Wed Apr 22 11:20:51 CEST 2020

Hi Takuto,

Thanks for your answer.

> However, I'm not sure pkfix-helper.pdf (not pkfix-helper.man1.pdf) is in
> TeX Live at the first place. At least, it seems the document is not
> registered in the tlpdb database:
>
> 	$ tlmgr info --list pkfix-helper
> 	package:     pkfix-helper
>
> 	[...]
>
> 	doc files:
> 	  texmf-dist/doc/man/man1/pkfix-helper.1
> 	  texmf-dist/doc/man/man1/pkfix-helper.man1.pdf
> 	  texmf-dist/doc/support/pkfix-helper/README details="Readme"
> 	  texmf-dist/doc/support/pkfix-helper/encoding-samples.pdf details="Encoding tables and how to use them"
> 	  texmf-dist/doc/support/pkfix-helper/encoding-samples.tex
> 	[...]
>
> In case pkfix-helper.pdf does not exist in TeX Live, I can make Texdoc
> to show pkfix-helper.man1.pdf as the best result.

I think the pkfix-helper author (Scott Pakin) provided CTAN with pkfix-helper.pdf, which is a preformatted PDF version of the man page, to be used as documentation.

Then later, when the CTAN pkfix update was included in TeX Live, since there are already PDF versions of all man pages in texmf-dist/doc/man (I imagine these are created automatically), I think that the preformatted pkfix-helper.pdf was not included and pkfix-helper.man1.pdf is meant to be used instead.

Best regards,

Bruno