who can fix babel-french incompatibility with crossreftools

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 19:38:39 CEST 2019

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 at 18:28, Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you have to patch all macros where you need a colon with category 12,
> for instance:

I think it's better just to make the active : definition safe in
\label (by making it safe in a csname)

\let\zzz\active at prefix
\def\active at prefix{\ifincsname\expandafter\string\else\expandafter\zzz\fi}

should make all babel shorthand characters be protected by \string in
such constructs.

David