persistent systemwide custom fontmap

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Fri Nov 29 18:22:54 CET 2019

Hi,

 as I'm on arch linux with running updates, for my own additional
fonts to work I have to append my fontmap definitions to
/etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg and run updmap-sys as root whenever
texlive gets updated, which is fairly often (the regular updates are
much appreciated, but the manual work each time is suboptimal ;-)

Is there any mechanism or TeXlive community recommended way, how this
could be handled properly to get custom systemwide (not for a single
user in her homedir) fonts installed at a location which doesn't get
overwritten on update, or is this an issue which has to be addressed
to the package maintainer on arch?

--
Orm