Apple/Safari being picky about redirects for CTAN mirrors

Petra Ruebe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Wed May 1 10:26:36 CEST 2019

Hi Mojca,

this is one on a fairly long list of problems with the mirrors.
I doubt that this can be fixed in a short term.

For the time being and as a workaround:  What alternatives to
Safari does your Mac offer?  (On Linux there would be programs
like wget, curl, traditional ftp clients & more.)

Sorry I cannot give more help; others will surely know more.

    Best,
    Petra  (from the CTAN team)