Apple/Safari being picky about redirects for CTAN mirrors

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:00:03 CEST 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 1 May 2019 at 10:27, Petra Ruebe-Pugliese wrote:

> For the time being and as a workaround:  What alternatives to
> Safari does your Mac offer?

Just to make it clear: I'm not having any issue with that myself. I
can easily find a workaround, and even Safari has no problem
downloading that file provided that you explicitly call it with a
"ftp://" prefix.

Another clarification: this is only a problem in specific geographic
locations where the mirror would point to ftp. I never configured our
mirror for ftp files, so I never hit that problem at home.

What I'm worried about is other users that might be stuck when they
hit such an error.

Mojca