will dvisvgm ship with support for PostScript specials (Windows, Mac OS)?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Thu Mar 28 00:02:58 CET 2019

Le 27 mars 2019 à 23:41, jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I apologize in advance for vagueness: a friend of mine
> on Windows reported, if I understand correctly, that
> TL2018 dvisvgm.exe does not work with PostScript specials.
>
> I don't know whether he tested out the TL2019 pretest.
> The darwinglegacy one seems to have no such support either
>
> $ /Library/TeX/texbin/dvisvgm --version=yes
> dvisvgm 2.6.3
> -------------
> brotli:    1.0.7
> clipper:   6.2.1
> fontforge: 20160721
> freetype:  2.9.1
> kpathsea:  6.3.1
> potrace:   1.15
> xxhash:    0.6.5
> zlib:      1.2.11

To be more precise the situation as I tested now is

processing of PostScript specials is disabled (Ghostscript not found)

which means it is always possible to use option

--libgs=filename          set name of Ghostscript shared library

I had forgotten this since last year. (and as I use MacPorts version)

Thus it is possible to use the TL2019 shipped dvisvgm
on legacy Mac OS with Postscript via --libgs,

But I don't know the Windows situation which was my main
question on behalf of my correspondant,

And would TeXLive consider shipping fully enabled dvisvgm
or are there technical obstacles related to Ghostscript?

Best,

Jean-François