[tex-live] 2 incompatible map files in TeX Live package plex

Markus Kohm komascript at gmx.info
Thu Jan 3 16:52:28 CET 2019

The TeX Live package plex provides two different map files
IBMPlexSansCondensed.map and plex.map. Both are added to updmap.cfg. This
results in several warnings like:

updmap [WARNING]: font IBMPlexSansCond-Italic-sup-ly1--base is defined
multiple times:
updmap [WARNING]:   plex.map (from /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/web2c/
updmap.cfg)
updmap [WARNING]:   IBMPlexSansCondensed.map (from /usr/local/texlive/2018/
texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg) (used)

Some of the entries even differ in the map files. The CTAN package plex AFAIK
only has one map file plex.map.

I do not know whether or not the two map files in the TeX Live package are a
problem, because I do not use IBM Plex. However it looks strange.