[tex-live] font stickstooMath-... is defined multiple times

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu May 31 01:18:00 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-30 at 07:35:39 -0500, Axel E. Retif wrote:

 > >> of RAM and the original disk drive ---it's updmap that is
 > >> really, really faster.
 > >
 > > It still needs to read all the .map files, that hasn't
 > > changed. But it doesn't run lots of mktexlsr etc anymore. So
 > > speed shouldn't have changed that much, but it definitely has
 > > changed.
 >
 > Oh, it really has changed a lot! Old timers like myself can attest
 > to that!

Hi Axel,
you certainly have the shell script written by Thomas Esser in mind.
Shell scripts don't work on Windows and thus Fabrice Popineau ported
it to Perl and used it in fpTeX, the Windows version of teTeX.

A few years ago I made Fabrice's Perl script work on Unix too and it's
used in TeX Live on all supported platforms since then.  The modified
Perl script was 30 times faster than the shell script for many
reasons.

Norbert, the teTeX shell script didn't run mktexlsr many times either.
It simply appended path and filename to the appropriate ls-R file.
The implementation of this feature in Perl is different now and
creates slightly smaller ls-R files, but the functionality is exactly
the same.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25