[tex-live] TL2018: UTF-8 characters in file names with pdflatex

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jul 25 10:13:28 CEST 2018

As mentioned in the other email

> > 	... "\UseRawInputEncoding \input DieÜbung.tex"

	pdflatex "\input \detokenize{DieÜbung.tex}"

also works.

> this mean that I've now hack texi2pdf/texi2dvi as well as AucTex?
> Or is it possible that the utf8 based engines also can handle
> utf8 characters in file names (utf8x)

There are only two ways: try each and every combination, or ask the
LaTeX team (which mostly is on the way from the TUG conference in Rio
back home, so don't expect a quick answer).

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer