[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:53:27 CET 2018

st 12. 12. 2018 v 11:48 odesílatel Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> napsal:

> Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>

>   You really haven’t been paying attention.  Their (self-proclaimed)
> interest in open source is huge.  Just search for “Microsoft loves open
> source”.  If you want to impress on them that TeX is important, you
> can’t in your draft letter ignore that it’s part of the open source
> world, or you would be rendering the users that you purport to help a
> signal disservice.
>

> Of course I can.  The fact that some parts of the TeX infrastructure are open-source is of interest primarily to those for whom the concept of "open-source" is important; many others (myself included) are interested primarily in the fact that (a) TeX is probably still the most powerful and flexible typesetting system yet invented, (b) that it is virtually bug-free, (c) that it runs under Microsoft Windows, and (d) that it was written by one of the most eminent computer scientists in the world (these points in no particular order).  Just because the concept of "open-source" is important to you, Arthur, does not mean that it is also important to others.

For me it is not important that it runs on Windows but that it runs on
all important platforms, it runs the same way and gives the same
result from the same sources. Being a Linux user I can collaborate
with users of Windows and Mac. I do this almost daily. I think that a
commecial tool with such capabiities does not exist.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz