[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Dec 12 12:26:29 CET 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:47:32AM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:
>                                     Just because the concept of "open-source"
>    is important to you, Arthur

  It is not, Philip.  Why would you think that, and how are my personal
preferences relevant?  It is, however, as I pointed out, clearly
important to Microsoft in their positioning in today’s computing world;
hence omitting, apparently on purpose, that TeX is part of the open
source movement, is a tactical mistake.

  (Of course the interest Microsoft professes in open source may very
well be entirely self-serving and fake, but we don’t have to point it
out and that’s irrelevant.)

>    I think you misunderstand (or intentionally misrepresent) my position; I
>    have no wish whatsoever to "represent all TeX users on Windows"

  Then I don’t think you’re the right person to write to Microsoft on
behalf of TeX Windows users, however honoured and privileged that may
make you feel.

>                                                      Many in the TeX
>    community loathe Microsoft Windows

  I don’t think so, no.  But your stating this, in the middle of a
discussion to understand and hopefully solve problems with TeX Live that
are exclusive to Windows, leads me to believe that your own personal
preferences are influencing you in some perhaps undesirable ways.

	Best,

		Arthur