[tex-live] bug report of bibtex

Eric Meng mqr.grad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 06:47:40 CEST 2018

Hi tug subscribers,

Here is a bug I think about bibtex based on texlive 2017 with latest packages

when the output directory is specified within the working folder, like temp, the *.aux and *.blg file would be written into this folder

If you also use relative path to specify bibliography path, e.g., \bibliography{../../library}

bibtex cannot locate this library, while if changing it to \bibliography{temp/../../../library}, an equal way to say it, it works perfectly

this issue is not related to the value of openout_any as I tested

Cheers