[tex-live] bug report of bibtex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 20 02:05:15 CEST 2018

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the report.

    when the output directory is specified within the working folder,

So you're setting TEXMFOUTPUT to temp?

    this issue is not related to the value of openout_any as I tested

It would be openin_any, if anything, but the default for that is to
allow anything, so unless something in your environment is changing
that, it shouldn't matter.

    If you also use relative path to specify bibliography path

Are you setting BIBINPUTS, or specifying the path in your input file?

I'm not sure offhand what is going wrong for you. Please send a runnable
input file so I can more easily test. --thanks, karl.