[tex-live] Windows: admin installed vs non-admin installed

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Tue Jan 27 16:16:03 CET 2015

Just playing around on windows (7) a bit.

I noticed that if I install TL14 with admin rights (run as admin), then a non privileged user cannot start the manager via the start menu

However, they can use tlmgr from the command line just fine to install extra packages, and they go directly into the C:/texlive/2014/texmf-dist

What is the recommended method for setting up TL in a computer lab where the students are not allowed to change the LaTeX installation (admin job to make sure it TL is up to date)?

I do not know they (the admins) are likely to allow placing TeX Live on a read only net share.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University
Mere info: http://au.dk/daleif@imf / More information: http://au.dk/en/daleif@imf