[tex-live] perl or lua standard library modules in texlive

Michael Palmer mpalmer at uwaterloo.ca
Sun Sep 23 02:45:26 CEST 2012

I understand that luatex / texlua uses kpathsea? So if the thin client
would be executed by texlua and the lua modules to be imported could
be installed by TeXLive somewhere in the LUAINPUTS path then it should
work - no? That's at least how it appears on my machine (TeXLive /
Debian testing).

Quoting Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:

> All sounds good, but the same issues pertain to Lua -- it still has to
> find its files relative to its current location, no different from
> Python, C executables, or anything else.  OTOH, if the thin client is
> going to be standalone, then that's fine, there's no problem.
> The TeX stuff and doc files are no problem either.
>
> You don't have to worry about the exact structure unless you want to.
> Our ctan->tl import script can rearrange as needed, that's how we handle
> the vast majority of packages.  The critical thing is that the code
> itself be prepared to be installed anywhere ...

Michael Palmer
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Canada
science.uwaterloo.ca/~mpalmer