[tex-live] perl or lua standard library modules in texlive

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 23 02:35:21 CEST 2012

All sounds good, but the same issues pertain to Lua -- it still has to
find its files relative to its current location, no different from
Python, C executables, or anything else.  OTOH, if the thin client is
going to be standalone, then that's fine, there's no problem.
The TeX stuff and doc files are no problem either.

You don't have to worry about the exact structure unless you want to.
Our ctan->tl import script can rearrange as needed, that's how we handle
the vast majority of packages.  The critical thing is that the code
itself be prepared to be installed anywhere ...