[tex-live] Kerning problems (?) with fixed-width fonts

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Feb 25 14:13:07 CET 2009

Axel E. Retif wrote:

> On  25 Feb, 2009, at 04:19, Nikos Platis wrote:
>
>> I was typesetting some code with XeLaTeX and I found out that some
>> fixed-width fonts exhibit strange kerning.
>
> It's better if you post your question to the very helpful XeTeX mailing
> list:

On the other hand, the more that those of us who do not
subscribe to the XeTeX list learn about XeTeX's possibilities
and potential pitfalls, the better informed we are when
it comes to deciding whether or not to take the plunge.

So I for one am happy to see questions relating to
XeTeX on a general list, although they are probably
better circulated via TeXhax than via TeX Live.

** Phil.