[tex-live] Kerning problems (?) with fixed-width fonts

Nikos Platis nplatis at freemail.gr
Wed Feb 25 14:24:25 CET 2009

Let me just say that it was simply a mistake when typing the list
address, since I am subscribed to both TeXlive and XeTeX lists :-)

Nikos

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 15:13, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Axel E. Retif wrote:
>
>> On  25 Feb, 2009, at 04:19, Nikos Platis wrote:
>>
>>> I was typesetting some code with XeLaTeX and I found out that some
>>> fixed-width fonts exhibit strange kerning.
>>
>> It's better if you post your question to the very helpful XeTeX mailing
>> list:
>
> On the other hand, the more that those of us who do not
> subscribe to the XeTeX list learn about XeTeX's possibilities
> and potential pitfalls, the better informed we are when
> it comes to deciding whether or not to take the plunge.
>
> So I for one am happy to see questions relating to
> XeTeX on a general list, although they are probably
> better circulated via TeXhax than via TeX Live.
>
> ** Phil.

Nikos Platis
Lecturer                                    http://www.uop.gr/~nplatis/
University of Peloponnese                        email:  nplatis at uop.gr
Department of Computer Science and Technology      tel: +30 2710 372264