[tex-live] Bug in fourier-bb

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sat May 26 18:03:11 CEST 2007

Back in July 2006 I wrote about an error in the fourier-bb font, which is
only present when one uses fourier when producing EPS files using dvips

That error is still present in the fourier found in TL 2007.

Here is a minimal example that was created on ctt when I asked about it
back in July

\nopagenumbers
\font\try=fourier-bb
\try N
\bye

then run

tex test.tex
dvips -E -o test.eps test.dvi

and have a look at the size of the EPS.

It is a problem in the fourier-bb.tfm, it is missing fontdimes (or what
ever).

By private email from Michel Bovani I got an updated version that solves
the problem. But that version has not been released to CTAN which of
course might be problematic for other people.

Michel Bovani was hoping to be able t make a new release of fourir in
september 2006. But there has been nothing heard since.

I have also tried contacting Michel a few months ago with no reply.

How do we proceed on this case? I have the fixed file, but I am pretty
sure that I'm not allowed to publish it.

/daleif