[tex-live] Perl for Windows

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jun 19 23:34:08 CEST 2006

  >> It is pretty simple to do such things under Linux.

  > My impression is that you are not really interested in solving the
  > problem of installing tl/perl under windows, but to agitate, how
  > simple linux world is :) Well, I don't say it is not elegant and
  > powerfull, but if one is familiar with programming, *everything*
  > becomes easy under windows too, unless one compares cmd with
  > sh. IE why don't you learn JScript -- windows built-in, huge
  > programming language? Because it is not a part of your intrests,
  > and its ok, in exactly the same way, why normal people don't want
  > to learn talking with black'n'white machine via shell.

Hi Pawel,
I just replied to Hans who talked about problems he had with gs under
Linux.  It has nothing to do with Perl in TeXLive or Linux/Windows.

I am not talking about Linux users who have no programming skills.
These people will certainly rely on the package management system of
their distribution which hopfully prevents conflicts between different
versions of a program.

And your assumption that I'm not interested in solving the Perl
problem is wrong, of course.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25