[tex-live] tl home page

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Feb 22 21:13:30 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 18:24, Karl Berry wrote:
> I just did some general editing on http://tug.org/texlive/.

good, but also not good; that page is managed in Perforce
these days, and synced automatically to the web server.
so you really need to edit it using Perforce,
or your updates get zapped next time :-}

anyway, I have updated in Perforce so all is well

>   TeX Live has been developed since 1996 by collaboration between the TeX
>   Users Group and the TeX user groups of the Czech Republic, France,
>   Germany, India, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia and the UK.
>
> Would it be fair to say instead:
>
>   TeX Live has been developed since 1996 by collaboration between
>   virtually all <a href="/lugs.html">TeX user groups</a>.

yes, sure. I changed it

> Another question - any reason not to make the live sources
> (/home/tlprod/Master) available for reading?  (That is, anon ftp/http.)
> Heck, or just /home/tlprod in general, why bother singling out subdirs?

Kaja had feelings about this. I cannot remember what I think myself :-}
I certainly have no objections if you and Kaja want to do it; that is
to say, nothing on there is or should be secret.

It might well make even *more* sense to stick up the compressed packages
from TL8, if thats the way we go.

Sebastian