[tex-live] Question about redistributing the TeX Live CDs

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:29:24 +0100

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:17:17AM +0200, Ado Haarer wrote:

> I am very interested in redistributing the TeX Live CDs to
> the departments and students of these universities, but I am
> not absolutely sure whether I am allowed to do this. The
> "Copying conditions for TeX Live7" (www.tug.org/license.html)
> say that "all the material contained on the CD may be freely
> used and copied". But am I also allowed to copy and redistribute
> the complete CDs?

Yes, you are. But I would suggest that you try instead
to go through the German TeX Users Group (Dante), as they
already press lots of copies, and we strongly encourage people
who get the CD to support these groups.