[pdftex] pdfetex can't find map files

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Dec 9 22:03:18 CET 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 16:12, Matt Gushee wrote:
> Hello, all--
>
> I am using ConTeXt with pdfetex as the main executable. My typical
> command line looks like this:
>
>    $ texexec --pdf mybook.tex
>
> However, I am finding that pdfetex can't read any of the font map files
> installed by ConTeXt. The error messages in the log look like this:
>
>    Warning: pdfetex (file original-public-vnr.map): \
>        cannot open font map file

First, what platform are you using?

Second have you checked to make sure you don't have a permission problem? On
my (Slackware Linux) system I just chown everything in the TeX tree to my
user name and group with a
chown username:usergroup -R /usr/TeX
statement.
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: