TUG 2024 Bursary applications
The TUG Bursary Fund provides assistance for
members of the TeX community. If you would like to attend the annual
TUG Conference but it would be a financial hardship, then we are able
to provide some grants that can help. We encourage you to apply for
support to the Bursary fund; see the guidelines below.
You do not need to be a member of TUG to apply for or receive a Bursary
grant. Both those who will attend the meeting in person and those who will
attend online may apply.
Bursary applications for TUG 2024
should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than April 8, 2024.
In order for the Bursary Committee to judge your application
properly, write down as much relevant information as you can.
Interesting bits of information include:
- Your goal(s) in attending the conference.
(Do you want to present a talk, meet developers, do you want to
learn how to use TeX, etc.)
- How much funding you are requesting, and how that relates to the
total sum you would have to spend in able to attend the
(Include conference fees, but also cost of
travel, accomodation, etc. Be specific; for example, if you are
including air flight then look up an actual flight. You are not
committed to that flight but real numbers help the decision
- The minimum award that would actually permit you to attend the
(This is to make sure that whatever funds could
be awarded would in fact be enough, as awarding any smaller
amount would be pointless.)
- Whether you are currently a member of any TeX-related user group.
- A list of any previous applications for TUG bursary awards and the
their outcomes, if applicable.
Simply put: you should ensure that your application is sufficiently
detailed that the Committee can make an informed decision
without having to get back to you.
Decisions and fine print
- Applications received after the deadline date will be considered
only if funds are still available.
- All applications will be acknowledged on receipt by electronic mail.
- The Committee reserves the right to deny any applications, for any
- Applicants will be advised of the success or failure of their applications
by electronic mail, which will be sent no later than
April 15, 2024, a week after the deadline for
- The decision of the Committee is final; the Committee will not enter
into further correspondence with unsuccessful applicants.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence, and
the identity of applicants will be known only to members of the
Committee and to the President, Treasurer, and office manager
of the TeX Users Group (for the purpose of distributing the awards).
If it would be necessary to disclose the identity of an applicant to
anyone else, explicit permission of the applicant will be sought
- The details of individual awards will remain solely the knowledge of the
Committee and of the successful applicants. The Committee will submit a
summary of all applications and bursaries, without names, to the TUG Board,
who may in turn elect to
relay this summary information to bursary donors, TeX user groups, or other
interested parties. The summary may also be posted on the
TUG web site.
$Date: 2024/01/06 02:06:29 $;