[Tugindia] code to get custom left & right margins in Memoir-class

Jagath AR jagathar at gmail.com
Sat May 7 10:14:09 CEST 2011

On 7 May 2011 12:09, shashi kiran <shashi859 at gmail.com> wrote:

Here is the pdf, you can see that header & margin extend much than text

> https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8QVnJoqX5oEZTU1MGQ1OTgtYTY0Yi00YjQ1LWE3NjItY2M3NTdiOGUzMGYx&hl=en
>
> & the code is here
>       \documentclass[12pt,a4paper,oneside]{memoir}
>       \usepackage{lipsum}
>
>       \begin{document}
>       \settrims{0in}{0in}
>       \setlrmarginsandblock{1.25in}{1in}{*}
>       \setulmarginsandblock{1in}{1in}{*}
>       \checkandfixthelayout
>       \pagestyle{companion}
>       \section{Test}
>       \lipsum
>       \end{document}

Dear Shashi Kiran,
Please check this one, I guess this will fix the problem.

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper,oneside]{memoir}
\usepackage{lipsum}

\begin{document}
%\settrims{0in}{0in}
\setlrmarginsandblock{1.25in}{1in}{*}
\setulmarginsandblock{1in}{1in}{*}
\checkandfixthelayout
\pagestyle{companion}
\companionheadrunwidth=\linewidth% Added by Jagath for adjusting header
width
\companionfootrunwidth=\linewidth% Added by Jagath for adjusting footer
width
\section{Test}
\lipsum
\end{document}