[Tugindia] TeXnic Center

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Mar 26 11:10:17 CET 2004

"S. venkataraman" <svenkat at ignou.ac.in> writes:

>  particularly Kile is something like texniccenter. I prefer emacs
>  and friends. Incidentally, the files for emacs windows version and
>  files for auctex have disappeared from GNU mirror site. Does anyone
>  have any idea when will they be back?  It is nearly a couple of
>  months or more now.

The files for AUCTeX are all there.  As to the Emacs Windows version:
I have no idea.  I do know, however, that somebody packages a recent
CVS snapshot for Windows somewhere.

>  I would like to use some latex packages that need a preprocessor
> like devanagari package with emacs. Let us assume we want to use
> devanagari package. It would be nice emacs and friends identify the
> .dn files and know what to do with them.  For example, if I want to
> process the file misspaal.dn, I should be able to run the
> preprocessor from the auctex interface and produce
> misspaal.tex. (This will be possible only if emacs recognises that
> this file with .dn extension has something to with auctex, just as
> it recognises that a file with .tex extension is a (la)tex file and
> loads the menus. ) After this, one should be able to run latex on
> misspaal.tex without opening that file in the emacs editor.
>
>  Has anybody managed it?

You probably want to take a look at the CJK package by Werner Lemberg
which is supposed to do such a preprocessing thing with his own files
before passing them to AUCTeX.

UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>