[Tugindia] TeXnic Center

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Fri Mar 26 08:52:46 CET 2004

I do agree that emacs+auctex+reftex+previewlatex is an unbeatable
Combination provided one is comfortable with the fact that you have
 to give commands like C-x,C-s instead of just C-s in the case of Kile.
Kile
 is closer to windows in terms of commands, and almost all the standard
 windows keyboard shortcuts work on Kile. For a fresh migrant from
Windows
 particularly Kile is something like texniccenter. I prefer  emacs and
 friends. Incidentally, the files for emacs windows version and files
 for auctex have disappeared from GNU mirror site. Does anyone have
 any idea when will they be back?  It is nearly a couple of months or
more now.

 I would like to use some latex packages that need a preprocessor like
devanagari
 package with emacs. Let us assume we want to use devanagari package. It
would be nice
 emacs and friends identify the .dn files and know what to do with them.
For example, if I want to process the file misspaal.dn, I should be able
to run the preprocessor from the auctex interface and produce
misspaal.tex. (This will be possible only if emacs recognises that this
file with .dn extension has something to with auctex, just as it
recognises that a file with .tex extension is a (la)tex file and loads
the menus. ) After this, one should be able to run latex on
 misspaal.tex without opening that file in the emacs editor.

 Has anybody managed it?
With best regards,
S. Venkataraman.