[tug-support] textheight

tomss at ids.net tomss at ids.net
Thu Mar 27 16:50:42 CET 2003

Hello all:

Can anyone help me figure out how to write a class where the
\textheight is different on the first page from all the rest?  (For a
twocolumn document.)  I want to include quite a lot of information in
the header and footer of the first page (\thispagestyle{plain}), but
try what I might, my adjustments to \textheight get used in the rest
of the document.

What I've tried                What it did

Adjusting \textheight in a     no effect
new pagestyle

Using \enlargethispage         only works on a single column

Using \afterpage               doesn't work in twocolumn mode.
                               (I'm not sure if it would work at all
                               on \textheight anyway.)

Can anyone share a trick with me (or advice to give up)?

Many thanks,

-tom sgouros