[texdoc] texdoc babel-german

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 30 23:53:47 CEST 2018

Hi Takuto - I think we should definitely insert all of these fixes into
texdoc.cnf (and soon, so it can end up in the released TL18 -- I'll
tweak it next week if you don't have time). They aren't
user-specific, but rather texdoc simply returning the "wrong" (or
rather, not-optimal-for-users) thing for all uers.

Indeed, I think almost nothing about texdoc search results are user
specific, hence it should be up to us to fix them, either by aliases or
score adjustments or (when we can think of them) algorithm improvements.

While I'm here: texdoc hyph-utf8 in current TL returns:
 1 /home/texlive/karl/Master/texmf-dist/doc/generic/hyph-utf8/es/division.pdf
   = [es] Paper on word division (Spanish)
 2 /home/texlive/karl/Master/texmf-dist/doc/generic/hyph-utf8/hyphenation.pdf
   = [en] Main documentation for hyph-utf8

Clearly result 2 should be preferred over result 1. And here is one
possible algorithm improvement: give items in more subdirectories (/es/
in this case) a slightly worse score.  Wdyt?

Thanks,
Karl