[tex-live] tl17 pretest init

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Apr 22 14:57:43 CEST 2017

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> AFAIU, all the information is in tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb. Lines `name
> scheme-...' define schemes. tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm has methods for
> tlpdb files.
OK, so I go from (e.g.,) "name scheme-full", noting its shortdesc "full scheme (everything)" /en route, /via (e.g.,) "depend collection-basic" to "name collection-basic" and its shortdesc "Essential programs and files" and similarly for all the other dependencies.  That shouldn't be too hard, 'though it will be interesting to see how large the necessary associative array will be in JavaScript.  If I build the latter iteratively rather than trying to soak up the entire TLPDB as a  monolith it shouldn't be too large, but I will try the monolithic approach first just to see what overheads are involved.

** Phil.