[tex-live] tlgs on windows, cjk-gs-integrate support

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Apr 21 08:49:37 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I just want to chime in here, Hironobu has explained the problems,
I just add a few things:

> * distributed with pre-generated cidfmap (called cidfmap.TeXLive)

I think this is not so much a problem. In case we adjust cjk-gs
tools we can cater for that.

> * Resource directory is built into the binary

This is a serious problem.

Reinhard, would it be possible to recompile gs in a way that the
resource dirs are not compiled into the binary?

We (Japanese TeX users) recommend that, otherwise overriding
several items and installing fonts for CJK use is not possible.
(See https://www.preining.info/blog/software-projects/cjk-fonts-ghostscript/
for details).

> [2] Can current distribution support both windows7 and windows10?

This could be solved by running cjk-gs-integrate for tlgs after
installation.

> p.s. Norbert and I are considering about adding windows support
> for "cjk-gs-integrate"; it is a perl script to generate symlinks

Indeed, we should continue there ... lost it completely out of the mind,
sorry.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer