[pstricks] pst-geo

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Wed Jul 14 22:44:04 CEST 2004

Alan Ristow wrote:

> That did the trick. I misunderstood what the data files were for,
> thinking that they were something required for pst-geo to work rather
> than for the output file to work. As a result, I put them in the wrong
> place. All is well now.
>
> So I guess if I wish to distribute a stand-alone document containing
> pst-geo maps I should convert it to pdf first? Or perhaps I should just
> read the documentation first (fortunately, I can read French)....

yes, a pdf is the best way. But pay attention, a 50MByte file
is no problem here when you choose the big data base.
Sometimes it is better to make a snapshot and save it as
a png file. The option level=<number> is also important. E.g.
level=10 takes only every 10th record from the data base.

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes